Livin' la Vida Roko

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Triathlon Update

We've been swamped since getting back into town, but here's a brief race report from Ken on the triathlon this weekend. He finished!!!
The swim was as I had expected. the first 400 yards were tough trying to get into a groove. Once I passed the first buoy, I fell into a groove and got the swim done in 42 minutes flat. Then the bike course which went well. i was probably a little slower than I should have been, but I was also trying to conserve energy for the run. It was hot and i didn't want to burn out during the run. I did find out that hills on the bike are my strong point (ala Lance Armstrong!!!). I was passing people left and right on the 4 mile sustained hill we had to climb. Once to the top, it was just hot. I hit a top speed of 36mph on one of the downhills and was still passed by some doing about 38.

The run was a completely different story. Even though I drank everything I had on the bike, I apparently didn't have enough in electrolytes because I had a cramping problem. Had to slow down and walk about 7 times over the 6.2 miles. but I finished strong over the last 1.5 miles and ran across the finish line. Toals time: 3:33:13. I think they'll be posting the results sometime over the week. i email you the link when i see it.

but the best part of it was seeing Lisa and Kinley at each of the transitions and the finish. lisa was jumping up and down at the finish line. It was awesome and such an inspiration.

Thanks again for all of your support and your donation to LLS. As a team, we raised over $400,000 for LLS. That A LOT of money!!!!

2 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger K said...

That is seriously impressive.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Ken said...

Good god. I wrote that when we got back on Sunday after the tri and I was in a daze. Such poor grammar and typos. I'm 1/2 embarrassed by it.

Anyway, I will be posting an update soon. As Lisa said, we've both been swamped each night since we retured home and I worked 16 hours yesterday, so there's been hardly any time to do anything but rest...which is probably good because I'm also sick and have been for about a week and half.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home