Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Guest Room

has been repainted. I despised the green. Hated it. Blecht.

It has taken a while to decide on the color. I wanted a rust. Ken wanted tan. I ended up painting three of the walls a dark warm tan and the last wall (behind the bed) a deep rust-red. Kinley sat in the doorway while I painted and we listened to "fun upbeat music that puts you in a good mood" on the radio. A ridiculous mix of songs, but I was definitely amused. Turns out Kinley is quite the music snob. All the modern remixes with whiney girls singing made him leave the room. However, he would return for Right Said Fred's "I'm too Sexy", Salt n' Pepa's "Whatta Man (Shoop)", and Young MC's "Bust a Move".

Furniture went back in last night. I love the change.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Can you post a picture of the room? I am glad that at least one wall is rust.

I am proud of Kinley for his discriminating taste in music and for not licking wet paint off the walls. Scout was not such a quiet observer when I was painting the condo. I think it is because Bruce gave her tequila at a young age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home