Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Bacon Update 2

I couldn't stand it any longer and scraped all of the honey/sugar/salt cure from pork belly #1 and cooked it to get a homogenous syrup/cure. It was super-saturated though so not all the salt went into solution, but at least the honey dissolved. When it cooled, I poured it back over the meat and stashed it back in the fridge.

Also found out that the smoker works when it is plugged into the big washer/dryer outlet in the basement. Now it's just a matter of seeing whether the extension cord can support it so I can use the smoker, um, outside.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger D said...

I'm sure Ken can help with this but you'll need an extension cord that can handle the 220. They sell them for appliances I think.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Um, yeah what D said.

Otherwise the smoke you're smelling won't be the smoke you want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home