Livin' la Vida Roko

Friday, November 17, 2006

Walnut Infusion

With all the walnuts, a friend suggested I make walnut vodka. Apparently it exists in Poland as a digestive aid. Because there was a high chance of it tasting like crap, I only made a little bit. I poured the vodka over some shelled walnuts in a mason jar last weekend. Within a day, the mixture became a light brown. Now a week later, it is a dark brown and the jet fuel taste has been replaced by a subtle walnut flavor. Don't get me wrong though, it still tastes pretty terrible. I'll give it another few days. Seems like an appropriate post-thanksgiving drink. Or the perfect opportunity to pawn off foul nastiness to my unsuspecting loved ones.

3 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger D said...

My parents are huge fans of a walnut liquor. They can't find it here and I think it's more of a cordial, but similar. I'm actually making a pomegranate vodka infusion right now.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

The pomegranate vodka sounds wonderful!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

I had a bottle of walnut liquer that I bought from Randall's online.

Dang it was good.

And the top was made of a walnut shell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home