Livin' la Vida Roko

Friday, January 05, 2007

Good night, sweet wuz

They called Ken this morning to tell him their second appointment cancelled and that he can come in early, if he was free. So he woke me up and we headed down to South Waterfront for his surgery. The building is beautiful; I hadn't been inside before. He filled out his forms and took him back (they even let me go back, too! I was very happy about that). They asked him all sorts of questions and reviewed the procedure:

Surgery is about 1.5-3 hours. General anesthesia, not local like we thought. They'll be reducing his turbinates bilaterally and fixing his deviated septum. He will be a beauty model after his nosejob. Or at least feel like one. The doctor said they won't be packing the nose with gauze or any materials; however, they may need to put in a stint for a couple days. They will determine that in the OR. Post-op recovery is about an 1-1.5h. The nose is likely to bleed and drip tonight, which is common. They gave him a prescription for vicodin that I am supposed to pick up for him. Complications that may arise are internal scarring and infection. To prevent this, he's been on pre-op medication for a week now. Predinose to reduce the swelling and limit any scar tissue that may form in the nose. And Avelox, an antibiotic, to limit infection.

They started to sedate him and I gave him a kiss before he went in. Ken is now in surgery. I couldn't sit there for two hours, so I came to work to pace here. Just a 3 minute tram ride away. OK, back I go! See you soon wuz!

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Julie Miller said...

hope the surgery went well-my best wishes to you and ken!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home