Livin' la Vida Roko

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Like Mother, Like Daughter

When we went home to see my folks for Christmas, we spent a lot of time in the kitchen chatting. In the process, Ken's mom and I convinced my mom that giving the kitchen some color may look beautiful. (Both Ann and I have painted our kitchens and really enjoy the vibrance and change from a dull white). My mom got excited by the prospect; my dad was not excited for any change. But after we left, they started looking at paint chips and picking out colors and, over time, my dad started to be uneasy about painting (rather than flat-out hating the idea).

Well, today's the day.

They are painting the kitchen a beautiful rich rusty-red. I think it looks great -- and they've only done one coat so far. I am very proud of them for going for it. As an added bonus, I think it looks beautiful and I would much rather sit in their new red kitchen than their old white one. Especially on a cold white, snowy day. I'm excited. See the change for yourself:



Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - it really does look awesome. Looks like they have plenty of light.

I dream of the day when I live in a home with non-white walls.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

...and non-white tile floors, non-white cabinets, non-white carpet. Argh, renting.

I love the red walls. They match the bar stools nicely

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Mischala said...

Hey, that's the same color my kitchen is now. Yep 2 rooms with color, 5 more to go. You even got to me, I'm just a little slow on getting to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home