Livin' la Vida Roko

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Carrot Cards

Rob asked to see some of the carrot cards from Easter. I make one for everyone -- which, given how Easter has expanded over the years -- has reached its breaking point. There are now over 50 people who attend each year. I calculate that it took me somewhere between 30-60 hours to make all of them (and the game cards).

I've already decided that I'd rather spend that time with our baby (come Easter 2010), so I've already made 4 carrot card templates for next year: boy carrot, girl carrot, boy child carrot, girl child carrot. It took me about 20 minutes. Then, I'll put names on each in order of RSVP -- just like in the past. So it will be personalized, but not to the extent that it was. I just couldn't keep that pace.

So for now, enjoy some of the carrot cards from this year. Each carrot card has a story behind it that relates to the person. For example, mine (the Kool Aid carrot) was from when I crashed my car through a brick wall this year. Ken's was from the Super Leisure Olympics. And Andrew's was from Santacon. The stories continue, but you'll get the idea.

Enjoy.













And here's some of the game cards that we hide in the eggs. There are somewhere between 600-1200 eggs hidden. Scarily, we own 1200 eggs but we learned that if we hide 1200, there is way too much candy leftover. We also have limited room to hide 600 eggs, let alone 1200.





Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Taryn said...

Wow, I can't believe Lisa Roko reached her breaking point...she is human after all! Just kidding, I am very impressed that you made it this long making such awesome carrot cards for everyone. We still have our favorite ones from a few years ago - carrot Paul camping next to a pile of ground beef and carrot Taryn diving into a pool while catching a frisbee.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger rob said...

Thank you. Insane, but beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home