Livin' la Vida Roko

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Ultrasound - 18 weeks

Here are the pictures from our 18 week ultrasound on Monday. Enjoy.

Overall view


Head


Heartbeat (was 153 bpm that day). I love the waveform.


Showing us her "girl parts". Apparently, she has 6 million eggs already formed at this point. They're called "oogonia" at this point; they'll develop further as she gets older. But it's crazy to me that they're already there.


Little feet. This picture reminds me of Kristen and how she always takes pictures of her feet up with a beer when she's on vacation.

There are more pictures but these are the ones that look unique to me. My blood tests still look good -- I'm very nervous for gestational diabetes which would limit my berry intake this summer and make me very sad. But, so far, so good. I've gained 9 lbs so far (average range is 10-13 lbs). My pants no longer button. I've found Emily's belly band has saved me. (Belly band is basically a wide elastic band that goes around your abdomen and allows you to wear your normal pants unbuttoned/unzipped in public without getting arrested). It's surprisingly comfortable and I think I will wear it to future Thanksgivings (for my mashed potato and stuffing baby).

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad te belly band works! I love the one i still have!
Em

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

It almost looks like you can see the outline of her developing brain in the one shot. So cool!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home