Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Baby Betting Pool

A friend of mine is putting a baby betting pool together. If you're interested in entering the official pool, shoot me an email and I'll put you in touch with the organizer. I'm not much of a betting-for-money-type person -- I much prefer bragging rights. So if you'd like to play on the side, feel free to post your entries in the comments below.

Lisa is one week away from finding out the gender of Lil' Roko. What better reason to start betting on something? The pool will run like this:

Guessing:
1. Gender
2. Date
3. Weight
4. Length
5. Time

Scoring:
-10 for the correct gender
+2 for every day off
+1 for every oz off weight
+1 for every in off length
the lowest score wins. Entry fee is $5. Third place gets $5, 2nd $10 and 1st takes the rest.

In the event of a tie, we will use time as the tie breaker.

Closing time is Noon, Sunday, May 3rd; all entries and fees must be collected by this time. Cash only, no coupons, or other offers valid. This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Portland, OR. If you are unsatisfied with the outcome in any way, shut the f*ck up and take it like a man.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Anonymous caroline said...

yea yea I love betting pools! And this is my first one! Ok (insert virtual cracking of fingers and gleeful rubbing of palms together here):

1. Gender: Male
2. Date: October 7, 2009
3. Weight: 7 lbs 11 oz
4. Length: 20 1/4"
5. Time: 1:19 pm

I would just like to say that I am submitting these estimates without having seen Lisa "in situ" and also without knowing anything about her and Kennie's similar stats. Just sayin'

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Sara said...

I want a piece of this action too!

1. Gender: Male
2. Date: October 10, 2009
3. Weight: 8 lbs 3 oz
4. Length: 22"
5. Time: 1:00 am

Are you going to let us know the gender as soon as you find out or are you going to torture us all for 20 weeks? You know me, I love to know stuff! I hope you are feeling well. -Cheers, Sara

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger A-M said...

Totally with you on finding out the sex...it's still a surprise at 20 weeks anyway, right?

1. Gender Male
2. Oct 12th, 2009 (yeah for Libras!)
3. Weight 8 lbs 2oz
4. Length 21 inches
5. Time 2pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home