Livin' la Vida Roko

Monday, June 15, 2009

You give me Fever

I've been out of commission for the past couple of days. I got really queasy last Wednesday morning which morphed into sweats, dizziness, chills and aches as the day progressed. I left work and went immediately to bed. Did not pass couch. Did not collect $200. I woke up 6 hours later to a fever just shy of 101. I ate and drank something before going back to bed for the night.

The next morning, my fever had broke so I went to work for a meeting but called it quits half way through the day. Spent the rest of the day sleeping on the couch and went to bed early after vomiting my dinner. I called in sick the next day after that. I could barely move. More sofa city. Threw up that night too. Saturday was better and I could move, albeit slowly. Sunday hurt a lot and I was exhausted. I am finally feeling better today.

I learned:
  • I can't lay down in all positions anymore. I have my left side or my right side. Sometimes on my back, but not for long. Any of these positions hurt after a while.
  • Laying down for 3-5 days really, really hurts my abdominal muscles (they call them round ligaments -- which stretch as the uterus grows). My sides were really hurting these past few days. 1000 situps -- only inverse result. I needed help to pull myself up.
  • Hurting abdominal muscles puts strain on my lower back. So by Sunday, my lower back and abdominal muscles were killing.
  • Having a fever and vomiting and sore muscles made me feel that I was having pregnancy complications. Not knowing what is going on (and if anything is wrong in there) is frightening.
  • Being exhausted and not being able to move/do the things that I want makes me really, really sad. I miss the pregnancy of 2 weeks ago when I could do anything.
  • Ken is awesome and took control of everything while I was out of commission. I feel lucky to have him as my partner.
  • I am glad we got most of the baby stuff already. If I feel like I did this weekend, I am not going to want to move/do anything.
  • The third trimester is going to suck.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger A-M said...

OH how awful for you. I am right there with you with the fear that something is wrong and you can't tell. I felt the same way when I got sick during pregnancy. The babes are tough though.

So happy to hear placenta previa and the fibroids are non-issues. I can tell from your US she is going to be an adorable little girl. AND it is quite possible she will be born will dark newborn hair that will fall out.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Good to know about the dark hair. Ken and I would have just looked at each other suspiciously. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home