Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Puppy TV

A guy I work with said having a puppy means you'll be watching a lot of puppy TV. He wasn't kidding. It's all the time. And mostly reruns. Eating. Sleeping. Licking. Going to the bathroom. Repeat times infinity. There's good reason puppies are so cute -- they have to be in order to get two sensible, independent people to drop everything and pay attention to a 20 lb moving ball of fur and tongue. That said, when he does something good it makes your heart melt. And then there's the learning curve.

Ours.

Here's my moring that I wrote to Ken:
Kinley was very sweet. went downstairs and gave him a bit of water and then out. he peed right away. Then I put him back in his crate when I was ordering my glass grinder. He started whimpering and barking a bit. finished ordering and let him out to the kitchen while I made my coffee. he stayed mostly in the kitchen and I'd call him when he left the room. Only once did he not come back right away. I went to check on him right away -- lo & behold he was in the dining room taking a dump on the carpet. grrrr. I said no and took him out right away (but he was done by then). Back in the crate. Made my coffee. More whimpering. This time, I was sure he didn't have to go but took him outside anyway. He peed almost right away. So puppy bladder wins again. Kinley 3, Lisa 0.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home