Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Berry Mania

I went berry picking last Friday night with my friend, Mindy. She could be a migrant worker thanks to her ability to pick berries quickly. But I finally, for the first time, beat her picking quantity. I picked 13 lbs of berry wonderment (see bottom two trays). I think she had 12.5 lbs (top two trays). It was a fact that I will cherish.

We picked blueberries and raspberries at a farm about 10-15 miles from Portland until we were asked to leave. Seriously. They had to pull the tractor around to tell us they were closing. I froze one tray of blueberries and made a double batch of blueberry jam out of another 8 cups, but Ken and I ate the rest. Plus, we ate all of the raspberries.

It was a tasty berry weekend. Maybe that's why Katie started kicking.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home