Livin' la Vida Roko

Monday, July 20, 2009

Week 29 Update

Pregnancy wise, things are still going well. We had an ultrasound today and the baby is 3.5 lbs and in the 64th percentile for growth. No pictures because she was moving around so much and had her hands up over her face. Fibroid is the same size and isn't causing any complications, so that's good. She is kicking quite a bit. I feel them but they're not strong -- it is a good thing that my uterus is made of steel because the technician said "she's kicking the snot out of you". Ken could see one of the kicks from his chair next to me. I'm thankful they're not painful.

I've gained 25 lbs so far and my belly circumference is 41.5 inches. It is in the normal range but I feel ginormous and not very attractive sometimes, especially when it's hot and I have to wear the loosest (read: ugliest) clothing I can find in order to not overheat. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I feel cute with my big belly, which I find comical, but mostly it's the swollen feet and not being able to move easily that make things a bit of an adjustment. This long work stretch has especially hurt my feet and legs. I find it difficult to walk the dog around the block as my feet are aching by the end. I've had them up a lot this past weekend, so I'm hoping this next week will be better when I'm not on my feet as much. But that all said, I'm having a pretty easy go of things, so I can't complain. I'm still pretty mobile and can do just about anything.

My next doctor's appt is Friday, when I'll hear the results of my gestational diabetes blood test. Likely negative, at least that's what I'm hoping since I love berries and fruit. We've gone through 25 lbs of blueberries in the last two weeks! (though 10 lbs of those were frozen or dried -- the rest eaten fresh over cereal or milk.)

We're getting the basement office in order now, which is just about finished, and I'll work on the nursery this week while Ken's on his backpacking trip (from tomorrow to Sunday).

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger A-M said...

You are in the final stretch!!! Three months until you meet her.

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found that a cooler with blue ice things was the best in my feet.
Em

 

Post a Comment

<< Home