Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Work

I'm in the middle of running a program for work that lasts 9 days. We're hosting 12 rural middle school teachers from around the state. I've had (and will continue to have) 13-14 hour days until next Thursday, Saturday included. I'm out of the house by 7 am, back at 9:30 pm. Sunday is off, but I'm staying at the dorms as the staff member in charge that night, starting around 6 pm. So if you don't hear much of me for the next week or so, this is why.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Lisa (and Basim) said...

I came across your blog while looking for information on running Hood to Coast while pregnant. I don't have a dr. appointment until August 7th - that puts me at 8 weeks. However, I had been training for Hood to Coast - minus 5 weeks of travel.

But you are clearly a fit mom and I am wondering about whether it is advisable or if you know anyone that has experience with it. I've done it for the last couple of years - so it's not new, but pregnant is.
any advice?

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Lisa, I'm not a medical doctor by any means, but I'm inclined to say running that early would probably be fine. You may need to take breaks more often (baby has no means of cooling off, so if you're overheating, definitely stop and take a break).

I biked until week 26 when the doctor worried I'd fall. I've read of women playing soccer up until they give birth, etc. So it's definitely a possibility, especially if you're in shape and used to running.

Short answer, definitely double check with your physician before doing it but I'd probably keep training until told otherwise.

And congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home