Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Katie's Lanterns

I'm making chinese lanterns out of tissue paper for above Katie's crib. They're taking a lot more time than I thought and I don't even know if they'll work/look reasonable. I feel ridiculous spending so much time on them when I'm swamped in pretty much every other way imaginable, but I am continuing with my efforts anyway:

Materials: balloon, white tissue paper, glue, acrylic paint, water.
How to: blow up balloon and set inside a solo cup. Tear up tissue paper and use 1 part paint:2 parts glue:3 parts water to add a bunch of layers. Allow to dry.

Picture taken from my phone showing the 10 lanterns I made in different colors.


Close up of the lanterns. I popped one (on purpose) this morning and it looked pretty stable. I was very excited.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger A-M said...

I think this is an amazing idea despite how much work it is taking. She will love looking at them. One of Lukas' favorite thing during the first 3 months was his mobile. Hope you are well..you are almost there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home