Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kids and Kinley

Rob and Jana came over last night to drop off the Bob stroller they're loaning us for Katie. They were just coming back from Astoria and had their three little ones with them who were very excited to get out of the car for a while.

They came inside to play, go to the bathroom, eat, stretch, etc.

Kinley was very excited to see all of these new people. Especially the little ones.

First, Jonathan and Ella sat down at the kitchen island to eat some berries. Ella loves berries as much as I hope Katie will. She was covered in strawberries at the wedding. It was priceless. Sadly for Kinley, they didn't drop any berries during their visit.




After they ate, they were excited to run around a bit. They loved our house's layout because they could run around in a complete circle. Kinley loved it too because he chased them around said circle. It was especially hilarious because they are the same height. Hughes was terrified though and went to hide upstairs as soon as he saw the little ones. Our house is now kid-tested, dog approved.




Jonathan quickly found Ken's hardhat for work and enjoyed trying it on. I think he liked knocking it off his head more than actually wearing it. He'd put it on, knock it off, hear it go "boom", laugh, pick it up and repeat. Kinley liked following him around.



Jackson also got to wear Ken's hardhat and even put on Ken's safety vest, which swam on him, much like my brother's boy scout hat from when we were kids. Here's a good head shot of Jackson wearing the garb. He wasn't too keen on getting his picture taken at first, but then he opened up.


Rob started packing up the car to leave and Ella stood at the door wondering what was going on. I thought this shot was priceless because this is how I see my future. A little blonde haired girl standing next to the dog at the front door, completely curious. If only Hughes were there, too.



It was so great to see Rob, Jana and the kids. Their kids make me not as scared for my own. I had a blast playing with them, holding them and swinging them from side to side. I love it when they want me to pick them up. It makes me feel special. I wonder how long that feeling will last when I have my own. :) Not to be outdone by our last encounter, Jonathan needed two diaper changes during his visit. Both were total stink bombs. Luckily mom and dad were there to save my day. We've learned that Kinley is very good at detecting stinky diapers. He followed Jonathan around and smelled his diaper until he was changed. I will use this strategy and will know to hide when Kinley starts following Katie. Lucky Ken.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Natascha said...

So cute! Kinley will have so much fun with Katie.

Just a head's up that breastfed baby poop doesn't smell. It's when you introduce real food that things get rough. I suggest diaper changing rochambeau. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home