Livin' la Vida Roko

Friday, September 04, 2009

35 weeks

I'm 35 weeks and 5 days today. 40 weeks is finito (give or take). I had my doctor's appointment today and things are coming along. Here are the latest stats:

  • Belly measurement is back down to 36.5 cm. (1 cm for every week, so I'm back to normal since I was 3 cm over last week). Ken was a little sad by this. He wanted another ultrasound.
  • I'm at 199.2 lbs. I'm almost breaking 200 which is unbelievable. (I started at 156). Yes, I feel ginormous. I'm not worrying about it though.
  • Baby's heart beat is 160 bpm (on the high side of normal). Apparently if this gets higher and stays that way, they induce early. So far, everything's fine though.
  • She did the first exam today and found that my cervix has already started to "soften" and that I'm already 1 cm dilated. It can stay that way for weeks, but it mean's I'm at least started along the process. Very strange.
Otherwise, I feel fine. It's still hard to get to sleep and it's hard to walk. My feet are giant sausages. We were going to go to the hog roast this weekend, but we decided to stay home and relax instead. I'm going to finish Katie's room (that's my goal) so stay tuned for pictures next week.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger A-M said...

Yeah for effacement and dilation! Really is great news. I delivered 3 weeks after I began effacement (totally anecdotal I know)but is a good suggestion that you may not go past your due date. These last few weeks are really the most difficult you seem to be handling it very well. Keep busy as much as you can.
I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home