Livin' la Vida Roko

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Nothing yet

I've received a few emails asking if the baby has arrived yet. Not yet. My due date is this Sunday (10/4) but it could happen anytime from two weeks ago to two weeks from Sunday. A nice and vague month window.

Signs that it may come sooner:
  • I was 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced as of my last appointment (last friday). Apparently labor is considered to be started at 3 cm and 85% effacement.
  • The receptionist told me that it looks like the baby has dropped. (apparently she has a good eye for these things). The doctor also felt the head at the last appointment. Creepy.

Signs that it may come later:
  • I was late and I've heard that births go similar to their mom's. Along those lines, I didn't feel kicking until 10 weeks past when I should have. Plus, I haven't felt a single contraction -- braxton hicks or regular. So, it's possible she could be a sleeper like me.
  • It's entirely normal for first births to run late

So, stay tuned. For those of you on Facebook, Ken will be giving updates in real time. Blog posts will be a little slower but we'll get things posted ASAP.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Holy shit! You're pregnant?!?





(Sorry, I've been waiting 8.5 months to write that on your blog.)

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger A-M said...

I was thinking about you and getting excited to hear the news and see pics!! The end is such a strange place emotionally and it does start to get super annoying when the babes are late and no one will stop calling and asking. The dilation and effacement are all good signs though, crossing my fingers that you don't have to wait to long :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home