Livin' la Vida Roko

Friday, September 11, 2009

Week 36 comes to a close

I hit week 37 in two days (sunday). That is the day I am officially considered "full term". (full term is anywhere from 37-42 weeks, so the baby's not imminent but you get the idea). Scary to know it's any day now, but nice also in that my stats have become ludicrous:

  • At my doctor's appt on Wednesday, I was 200.4 lbs. I never thought I would be over 200 lbs. So, it's nice to know these pounds will be going away soon. I started around 156 or so -- a solid 44 lb weight gain. Average is 25-35 lbs. The upside is that I have been thoroughly enjoying myself. I currently can't get enough milk and drink it by the quart. My blueberry craving has been replaced by a nectarine craving.
  • I had to get up from bed to go to the bathroom 4 times last night. I think that is the baby's way of preparing me to get up every 2 hours for feedings and such. Even moving 4 times at night is hard for me, let alone getting up.
  • I have carpal tunnel in my right hand from the pregnancy-induced swelling compressing the nerves to my middle and ring finger. Ken will massage my forearm for me, which helps, but the numbness is constant. it is very uncomfortable.
  • My cankles are laughing at my wrists. I have hobbit feet.

In the meantime, I've been working on the nursery. Here are some pictures:


Looking at the door to the room.

The glider



From the glider, looking into the closet abyss:


The closet. Please note that Ken and I have only purchased three onesies and a hat. Everything else was given to us by family and friends. Insane! I labeled it all by age and type of clothing: i.e. Dresses (0-3 months), Dresses (3-6 months), etc. Otherwise, it just looks like mountains and mountains of small clothes.



The closet, looking closer.


Looking at the crib from the glider. I made the paper mache lanterns for above the crib. Ken helped to hang them.


Old sideboard that we refinished and will be using as a changing table. I did the sanding, stripping, staining. Ken did the structural work.


Still need to hang some pictures and decorate the wall, but most of the big stuff is finished. I'm packing a bag for the hospital this weekend (just in case). My maternity leave is taken care of (12 weeks) and I'm already pre-registered for the hospital.

Now I'm just waiting for the time bomb that is my uterus to explode.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger A-M said...

Oh you poor thing! Carpal tunnel is awful ESPECIALLY when the only thing you can do is stuff with your wrists at this point. The only thing I can tell you to cheer you up is that I got it much earlier in pregnancy. Nothing much helped make it better but it only took a few weeks after birth to go away for the most part.

And the weight well most of it comes off pretty quickly with little more than running around with the baby and breastfeeding. The last five pounds I am still hanging onto though and honestly I don't think my body will ever look quite like it did before but it will be totally worth it.

Hang in there, the end crawls by and then all of a sudden you are a mom to a wonderful new little person.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Drew said...

The room looks great. The baby already has a better wardrobe than me! Hang in there Lisa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home