Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Update

Just wrote this to Rachel and realized it sums up pretty well why we haven't posted much lately:
Things are good, writing my first grant which is kind of fun, kind of stressful. due next friday. I'm not close to finishing yet, but it will get done. It's unlikely that it will be funded given NIH budget issues, but it's one of those things that I have to do anyway. Plus, it's good practice.

Ken and I are each playing three organized sports a week (me: softball, kickball and dodgeball; him: 2 softball leagues and dodgeball). so we're out practically every night. we are meeting lots of new people though, so that's cool.

Going to the coast this weekend for Ken's men's softball team's camping/tournament trip. should be fun. I'm doing the food. Kinley's coming too -- his first time in the ocean. A good friend of ours has a new girlfriend who he's head over heels for -- and the feeling is mutual, which is great to see. she's going to be joining us as well.

Ken & I are going to Alaska for 10 days on August 6th. Then he's playing in the Dodgeball National Tournament in Vegas in Sept. Seriously, he's on a team -- just like in the movie. ridiculous. I'm going to play on a rec team for fun. Then Neuroscience meeting in Atlanta in October. My first time back in 3 years. So that will be cool. It was good having a break, but I'm ready for it again.

In all, I'm overwhelmed but happy. I love Ken. More than ever. Kinley & Hughes are great as is the garden -- I just installed an irrigation system on a timer -- meaning less work and more enjoyment for me.


Miss you all! Love, L

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Will Wei said...

Hey, it looks like that you guys are extremely busy with sports in your lives, but if you ever have any free time, you might be interested in a site called www.sportsvite.com . At this site you can make your own team or join a team and play pick up games of any sport with those from around your area.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home