Livin' la Vida Roko

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Do the sports ever end?

This past weekend was Hood-to-Coast, a 197 mile relay race from Mt Hood to the Pacific Ocean. Ken ran it with Eric's (friend from dodgeball) work team. Also running were Shelby, a coworker of Ken's and also a dodgeballer. Since each team had to provide 3 volunteers, Alyson (Eric's GF) and I volunteered. Like I wrote before, we got the 1-5:30 am shift in the middle of nowhere. Mist, Oregon to be exact. It was miserable for us. We had to park cars for 4+ hours in a rock quarry with limited parking and have sheriffs yell at us. Multiple sheriffs -- each wanting something different. Cars lined up on the road for a mile. Kinley and Otis waited for us in the car. 2 dogs, 2 girls sleeping on a dogbed in the back of my 4runner. It was not pretty. We stopped for coffee in the morning (after 2 hrs of sleep in said car) and a guy at the bakery told me that it looked like I slept with a dog. I told him I slept with two -- and her, pointing to Alyson, in the back of that car. We got some looks. Ken's team finished, I drove us all back to Portland while Ken and Eric slept in the back of the car with the dogs. I went to bed at 9 that night.

Yesterday was our fantasy football draft.

Tonight is a Portland Timbers soccer game, with Ken playing in the halftime dodgeball exhibition game.

Tomorrow night is dodgeball pickup

Saturday is a dodgeball tournament

Monday is flag football practice followed by a dinner for everyone at our house.

Fall dodgeball starts back up on the 7th.

Flying to Vegas on the 15th-ish for the World Championships.

There's a dodgeball class I want to take on Saturdays.

Add another 6 fantasy football leagues in for Ken. Add another one for me. Plus Ken's men's softball league. And both of us work. And then take the dog out after work.

It feels like there are very few days off, which is why I've cut back on lots of my activities.




Still, I am overwhelmed.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Taryn said...

I don't see how you do it. I can barely handle playing one sport. These crazy active Oregonians are exhausting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home