Livin' la Vida Roko

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Monkey see, monkey do?

This just entertains me to no end. I got this email at work about two hours ago:
Hello Lisa,

I work in (name deleted)'s lab, and I just finished my M.S. Right now, I'm working on writing a manuscript. I don't know if you recall this or not, but at some point, (name deleted) and myself took video footage of many people from the our floor wearing white coats and blue head covers. We then showed these images to the monkeys and overlay the scanpaths they make on these images.

I would like to know whether I have your permission to use your photo in my manuscript. Your picture is displayed side-by-side with Marsha (last name deleted)'s. Marsha has agreed to having her picture used, but I need to make sure you are ok with your picture being used.

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you,
(name deleted)

I am totally amused. I write to Marsha asking her if she's seen the pictures, to which I get this reply:
I don't know because I haven't seen them. (Name deleted) said that our pictures worked the best though. Does that mean we look like monkeys? (expletive deleted).

m

3 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger marsha said...

hahahahahahaha

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

You need to list that in your CV. Too fun!

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Julie Miller said...

hilarious-well here's a related one-one weird online guy a long time ago asked me if he could be a monkey in my experiments, needless to say i didn't write him back...by the way the big thing at ucla now is that the peta org has been harassing a monkey researcher dario ringach and threatened his family so he is giving up his grants, etc terrible business...lisa-how do you like running with scissors?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home