Livin' la Vida Roko

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Better

Went to Ken's double header softball game last night -- complete with propane grill, cast iron griddle, my camp chair and a gin & tonic -- perfect for making lots of grilled cheese sandwiches for the team after the game. Made 6 at a time, 12 altogether. Cut in half for easy grabbing. Sandwiches were either caprese (mozzarella, basil, heirloom tomato from the garden, balsamic vinegar, and salt & pepper) or plain (cheddar cheese). They were a hit. I love grilled cheese sandwiches. They were all eaten, too.

It also turns out that I can now say "drinking saved my life". Last night, I reached down to get a lime for my gin & tonic when a stray ball went zooming past - right above my head. Apparently I would have gotten wailed if I were standing up. So thanks for teaching me the importance of drink garnishes, Dad!

6 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

But I gave you some tomatoes and cheese separately -- when you were behaving. You sure don't like to listen when other dogs are around!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

Lisa - I know you are extra excited about yer drinking, but you might be hitting the bottle a little early.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

What do you mean? It was a night game after work.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

I was referring to the conversation amoungst you and your animal friends this afternoon.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

No alcohol or substances of any kind were involved in my conversation with the animals yesterday. However, I was giggling out loud enough to draw the looks of my coworkers during lunch.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Awww, they're so sweet.

(side note, I'm really glad it's friday -- I'm pretend talking to the dog and cat, for goodness sake!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home